Counting Your Days in the USA

Counting Your Days as a Canadian Visitor to the USA

The B2 visitor’s visa allows Canadians to stay in the US for up to six months (182 days) in any 12-month period, so long as you have the resources to support yourself, you do not work while in the US, and that you will return to Canada. You need to make certain you count your days on a rolling 12 month period as well as the 12 month calendar year. Use the US Customs and Border Protection Calculator below to see when you crossed the border.

US Customs and Border Protection Day Counter